Friday, May 17, 2013

Apartment Love

I think what someone's living space looks like says a lot about them.  SO.. I decided that I should share some of my favorite things about my cozy nest.  (and by cozy I mean tiny).  It's taken me a while to collect all sorts of quirky little knick knacks.  I look forward to finding more-- it's like a treasure hunt that never ends!  Here are some of my favorites:


My window garden is probably my favorite spot in my little nest.  I will post more about my plant babies later I'm sure.  I love my vintage fan too.  I was told that it still works but I have been too scared to plug it in.   That just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.  


Next up is my FAVORITE pillow.  My fiance and I are about to move into our first home together and we are at odds about some of my vintage items.  Don't get me wrong, he has an appreciation for things with history and character just like I do, but his appreciation doesn't go quiiitee as far as mine.  This pillow was non negotiable for me. IT'S STAYING.  Anyways, I found it at a thrift store. It has a huge rip in the back. I was going to repair it. That was over a year ago.  It will probably STILL have a rip in 5 years. But no one ever sees the back of the pillow.  You have to pick your battles. That's not one of mine.   Also, I love my stack of vintage plates that are waiting to be hung in a nice little cluster on the kitchen wall in our new house!!


I am extremely lucky to have talented people in my family.  My grandmother hand painted this box for my mom. It's extremely precious to me.  I keep my jewelry in it.  Not only does it have sentimental value, it just looks really cool.


This little vintage bird I found at a shop in my hometown.  I just love him.  He's so happy.   I also have quotes all over the place.  They make me feel good.

  
So the grandmother that I spoke of above.. this is a picture of her.  I know... talented AND beautiful.  Life can be unfair sometimes.  I love this picture... it's a good depiction of how fabulous she was.   This chair is my favorite piece of furniture.  Another non negotiable item for the new house.  I got it a long time ago from Libby Story and I love it now just as much as the day I bought it.



Other little things around the apartment... some cool bookends that I picked up on me and Adam's cruise.  Dreamcatchers, feathers, more quotes... all things I love.  Gotta surround yourself with things you enjoy! I look forward to moving into our new house and combining the things that both I and Adam love.  I'm sure there will be a DIY project or twenty to post during the process!






No comments:

Post a Comment